Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been putting him to sleep naked and he absolutely doesn't wet the bed! On the other hand, during the day, if he doesn't have a dipe on, he will inevitably pee everywhere! So I'm wondering if this is normal.<br><br>
TIA!

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
This is totally normal.<br><br>
We do not pee in our sleep. Even babies who do seem to pee in their sleep will not be fully sleeping at the time. The two are almost entirely physiologically non-compatible, just because of the mechanisms involved. Sure it is possible - but it is rather rare.<br><br>
My 20 month old generally wakes up once at night and pees. My 3.5 year-old was not peeing at night at all from about 6 months on, which is pretty rare but did make toilet 'training' easier.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
my firstborn woke up DRY from about 10 month---present day (he is now ten years old)<br><br>
he never did go at night.<br><br>
dont know why.<br><br>
my second baby wakes up soaked! totally wet.<br><br><br><br>
i think if they sleep hard, maybe they dont pee.<br><br>
my second baby rolls around and is restless at night...and he pees a lot. my first didn't move around much and was dry (is my two cents)

·
Registered
160 Posts
My ds does not pee at night either and never has, even as a little baby, now he is 2. I should try letting him go without a diaper - I thought this was strange too.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I was a little worried about it and asked my son's doctor. She said since he didn't have any other symtoms of bladder/kidney problem it was ok.<br><br>
When I am on the diapering forum pages I sometimes laugh at all the nighttime diapers people put on their kids.<br><br>
My son stopped peeing at night at about 7 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts