Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been putting him to sleep naked and he absolutely doesn't wet the bed! On the other hand, during the day, if he doesn't have a dipe on, he will inevitably pee everywhere! So I'm wondering if this is normal.

TIA!

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
This is totally normal.

We do not pee in our sleep. Even babies who do seem to pee in their sleep will not be fully sleeping at the time. The two are almost entirely physiologically non-compatible, just because of the mechanisms involved. Sure it is possible - but it is rather rare.

My 20 month old generally wakes up once at night and pees. My 3.5 year-old was not peeing at night at all from about 6 months on, which is pretty rare but did make toilet 'training' easier.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
my firstborn woke up DRY from about 10 month---present day (he is now ten years old)

he never did go at night.

dont know why.

my second baby wakes up soaked! totally wet.

i think if they sleep hard, maybe they dont pee.

my second baby rolls around and is restless at night...and he pees a lot. my first didn't move around much and was dry (is my two cents)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I was a little worried about it and asked my son's doctor. She said since he didn't have any other symtoms of bladder/kidney problem it was ok.

When I am on the diapering forum pages I sometimes laugh at all the nighttime diapers people put on their kids.

My son stopped peeing at night at about 7 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.