Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is soon to be 4 (2 weeks). I had a wonderful L & D with him at home with a midwife. Yet I am so NERVOUS as my due date approaches. What the hell am I so worried about? Is this normal?

Jennie
Middle Mamma

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Oh my goodness I am feeling this way too. I had a wonderful homebirth with my son, and now pregnant with my 2nd I'm finding myself nervous - for me, about labor and birth. I think it is because it is not a new experience anymore - I know how hard it is! (even if wonderful) Take it easy, be nice to yourself, let yourself be nervous, talk to your midwife about it. I would say it's completely normal!

·
Registered
151 Posts
ha! me too.

I had a good experience 2 years ago, homebirth w/midwife for DS. I wasn't very nervous that time, though DH was terrified. Afterwards he kept saying, "you were so great! you were so great!" ie i didn't do the things he was afraid of - scream in pain, yell at him, bleed a lot.

Well... I think this time I'm nervous because, like MamaLori says, I KNOW more gut-level that it's going to be hard. And also because at the back of my mind I think, "well, I pullled it off once, it went great, but can I do it again?" I have higher expectations for myself and the birth this time, because I know how good it can be. Or something like that.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yes, I think so. This is my third and I'm nervous. I think I would always be...even if I had 10! I guess because there is an element of unknown, ya know?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I am not pregnant but this too crosses my mind. I mean I was induced so I have NO idea what going into labor really feels likes and I did have a nice hospital experiance. But keep hearing about horrid hospital births so then I am like if I have another how can I do it at home but then if my body still doesn't go into labor with out help, blah blah. Sorry. Perhaps I should just say Yes.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
This is number 3 for me & I am nervous about EVERYTHING this pregnancy. you name it, I am paranois about it. I am paranoid about this bean's health (b/c DS2 has health issues), I am nervous about L&D even though I had an ok first birth & great second birth & I
my midwives, I think it's normal!

AmiBeth

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Hell yeah, I'm worried my third time. I think it is normal as long as it isn't consuming. Birth is a huge deal. It is powerful and exciting, and while it is a positive experience it definitely makes you nervous. I was even nervous getting married knowing it wasn't going to hurt and I had been with DH for 7 years and that it was everything I wanted but I was still nervous. I think birthing is an even more powerful experience and it makes total sense to be a little nervous. Even though you have done it before you still don't know exactly how it will go and plus it hurts and then you will meet your new baby, alot of emotions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.