Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when I woke I noticed blood. There wasn't much, but now there seems to be more. I have my six week postpartum check up on Tuesday and am wondering if I should contact my doctor before then? Any thoughts? I'm staying with my sister until tomorrow and she is about a 4 hour drive from my doctor.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Both me and my friend had bleeding at 6 weeks postpartum after the lochia had stopped for about 3 weeks. We both thought it was AF
It went away after about 3 days and AF didn't come back until 6 months postpartum. Both my friend and I suspect we may have been a little too active and that caused the bleeding.

I think that if you don't have a temperature, it's not a lot of blood, and there isn't a foul odor then you're ok.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
I had the same thing about 2 weeks after my lochia stopped, about 3 days of spotting, and it went away. Just take it easy and try not to strain yourself.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I had TWELVE weeks of bleeding with my first DD
I was definitely doing too much. I've also had some temporary stoppages and then restarting of heavier flow with this birth. My midwife said to take it easy and stop carrying the toddler around. Basically the uterus is scabby inside, and too much action can detach the scabs. So I'm really trying to keep a lid on it

HTH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts