Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this is my first summer being pregnant, and I am roasting!!! Seriously, I am in the basement in the a/c and I am still hot. Am I going through menopause and just don't know it, or is this normal?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Unfortunately it's quite normal for some of us. I have an issue with my feet being covered because they're always warm. Yesterday, despite being in the A/C, I still had to get out a big bowl and soak my feet in cold water

Granted, I'm also fighting off a cold and that isn't helping. Still, I know all about feeling so hot!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Oh yeah, it's normal to be hot! I am ALWAYS cold if the temperature is below 70 degrees, except when pregnant. Now if i could just manage a nice cold weather pregnancy next time.... OMG! Did I say next time?! Shh, don't tell my DH.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i just saw my accupuncturist and she said I was holding in a lot of heat! she somehow helped get some of it out. can you try that?
if i remember correctly, we may be using the same midwives and if that's the case Charlyn the accupuncture person they recommend is awesome!

·
Registered
640 Posts
oy! Last night the room was 77 degrees - about 10 degrees too warm for me, however my DH thought that it was fine?!?!? Anyhow, after a five minute "discussion" over the pros vs. cons ("what? its so expensive to put on the A/C in the summer!" was his excuse....I mean, when the heck else are we going to use the A/C?!?!?), I finally won out b/c he realized that I wasn't going to shut up about it until it cooled off in the room. LOL. So, I totally understand!!!

I'm hot regardless though, I need a room at least 68 degrees to feel comfortable. And I'm taking cold showers now whereas I used to LOVE hot showers regardless of the time of year!

·
Registered
479 Posts
i'm so hot too - have been for months! one of the ladies who works in my apartment complex came over a few weeks ago and she was like "aren't you cold?" actually . . . i was a bit warm . . .

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Aside from the fact that I live in the middle of the dessert here in AZ (It was 119 on friday) I AM GOD-AWFUL HOT!!!!

It is literally hotter than the hinges of hell here

·
Registered
209 Posts
Quote:
And I'm taking cold showers now whereas I used to LOVE hot showers regardless of the time of year!
me too! this is the first time in my life that i have actually enjoyed a cool shower or bath.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Yup, very normal ladies.

Usually I get "hot flashes" and "night sweats" for several months after I deliver, but I've been getting my fair share of night sweats every night for the past couple of months. Something hormonal must be going on!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
My midwife said everyone was running high temps lately (it's been hot here in NC). I usually use a sheet and comforter even in the summer (with A/C, of course and I hate sleeping un-covered normally) and lately I've been waking up in the middle of the night having to throw off my covers.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
'Nother overheated mama here! I now sleep naked and can't stand having even a sheet over me. (and this is with cold AC) Dh says I wake him up at night because my body is so warm. Maybe all of this extra heat explains why I've only just started gaining weight?

·
Registered
424 Posts
We don't go outside much during the day, it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too sweltering. That being said, I remember being hotter during my January pregnancy, and feel so much more tolerant of the heat (thanks to my now corrected thyroid, I think) this time around. I was really concerned that I was going to be a sweaty, bratty mess this summer...but we're really making it through.
I'm even heading to an Oriole's baseball game this weekend, and ordinarily summer games make me want to wilt!

·
Registered
770 Posts
This is my 2nd pregnancy in the summer and I think it is totally normal to be hot. My friend was pregnant in the winter in AK and never wore more than long sleeves outside. She always said that pregnancy was like having your own personal heater on all the time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
my husband says i feel like an oven. Im bakin all the time, and despite the 100 degree weather in philly, i have air conditioning that seems to cool everyone else off. Everyone but me.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Even the places that are supposed to be cool for the masses are not being chilled enough. I went to the mall yesterday to escape the 110 heat index here--I hate the mall and only went to walk in a comfortable temp and it was damp, humid and not very cool at all. Some of the stores were actually warmer than the mall--it was not very welcoming. I can't tolerate the humidity, it gets hard to breathe. I wish it would just rain already to clear out this stickiness.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
There are actually women who feel COOLER while preggie. I almost envy those women because, as I'm sure you can understand, that would be MUCH preferrable to feeling like I can only be comfy when ac or fans are RIGHT on me and set at about 60! HA, as if I can afford THAT kind of electricity!!! NOPE. So, I rest a lot during the day, wear very minimal clothing, and keep the fans going. I don't get much of anything done until well after 4 or 5pm when my house cools down from the heat of the sun (horrible thing about trailers, that!).

So, I totally get the whole overhot feeling! Even at night I'm uncovered and wishing I could turn the ac down!!! *sigh*

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I am always hot. Always. It really sucks because I live in TX and we have a crappily designed home. Leaving the air at 85 during the day and 75 at night puts our electricity bill at $300 a month. Way more than we can afford.
:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts