Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We are actually expecting our second child - but this is not exactly a pregnancy question. It's more of a breastfeeding question. I weaned our son at 28 months (it was a slow gradual process) but honestly when I weaned him I don't think he was completely ready for it. It was a big comfort thing for him, not so much a source of food. He's eating well, etc. but recently has been wanting to nurse again. He's asked several times and I feel bad telling him no.

Since I'm pregnant again, I am starting to produce milk again. I wouldn't mind nursing again, but what am I facing if I start again - especially with a second on the way (I am 21 weeks = about 5 months)?? I'm also worried that if I start nursing again it's going to hinder the new baby's colostrom. It's been increasing even more with our son wanting to nurse, especially because he has a cold and that was always a comfort for him. (I forgot to mention he's now 35 months = he'll be 3 next month).

Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much TanyaS. That site did pretty much answer all of my questions! I guess any other concerns I have about tandem nursing, I can probably find answer to within the board. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.