Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no interest in a relationship right now, nor for a very long time, but I am still human and want the benefits of a relationship. If I am making any sense. I don't want or need the complications/demands of a boyfriend, but I do crave the attention, and need for intimacy. Is that just asking for trouble? I hope I don't sound terrible in asking this. I do remember when my X and I were seperated before for a year there got to be a point where I was acting pretty desperate (seeing a guy missing a front tooth and thinking he was an option). I also made a mistake and went for someone who was a complete loser and regretted it very much. I am not interested in having someone in my children's lives at all right now. Someone just for myself. Can anyone give advice?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Personally, I just make it clear that I want nothing serious. I straight-up told the man I am dating now that I planned to go out after DD was in bed and with a sitter and that he wasn't going to meet her. He actually doesn't want anything serious either so it is working out fine!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
My suggestion is if you do decide to get involved with someone, make your intentions known up front of what the extent of the relationship will be. And also decide what you all will do if one starts to catch feelings. We can't control our emotions for people so tread carefully.

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
When I started dating DF I told him then and there that I WAS interested in a long-term serious relationship and I expected him to welcome my children into his heart along with me.

I think being very clear on your stance on this, one way or the other, is the best thing you can do to avoid confusion or hurt.

If it comes down to you realizing you actually want to be with the guy and have him in your childrens life, that may be a little difficult to talk about... but for now just have fun and don't feel bad to keep your mommy time separate from your you time.

As long as you never get to the point where you time overshadows mommy time (like with the kids already being in bed before you go out, that's a good step to keep that from happening) then you are perfectly okay!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts