Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My son is 10.5 months old and we plan on EBF. My question is whether it's possible to overfeed a baby if they b/feed and eat solids. Some days he doesn't eat that much solids and others he chows like crazy. It depends a little on whether we're out and about or sat around at home as to how much he's offered solids. Meanwhile we nurse regularly. So am I in danger of overfeeding him or will he just take what he needs naturally?

Also a second question is whether when we reach 1year I should start substituting some nursings so that he is eating more solid food in ratio to nursing. Or do you just b/feed the same way, until the baby naturally cuts back - do they ever naturally cut back cos I can't imagine it! He loves to nurse.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
The beauty of breastfeeding (on demand) is that it teaches baby to eat when he's hungry and to stop when he's full. I've always allowed ds to lead the way with both nursing and eating, although I think we tried to nurse before eating in the first year. After that, I left it all up to him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.