Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I totally think that she blows exuberant rasberries when she needs to poop. She also makes a kind of psshhh sound (like blowing air through closed lips), when on the actual toilet. She never, ever blows rasberries or make those sounds, EXCEPT when she's on the toilet, or doing "toilet business".</p>
<p>Did anybody else notice this? She is my third baby, but first that I'm EC'ing. I don't go nuts, but probably put her on the toilet every 1-2 hours when i'm home, OR if I hear her doing her "sound". For what it's worth, whenever she does make that sound, she almost always poos right after and if I don't catch it I'm kicking myself like "should've listened! Argh"</p>
<p>I guess I have to get over this subconscious feeling that a 5 month old does not understand what the toilet is for.. my kid is telling me as clearly as she can, and I'm still going like "really? she gets it?" Incredible.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ETA she also makes her "poo sound" if she has poo in her diaper that i didn't know about. When I finally realize it, and open it up, she gets so excited! laughs, kicks around.. like "look what i made!" LOL.</p>

·
Registered
832 Posts
<p>My son turned 5 months last week, and he ALWAYS blows rasberries when he pees on the toilet, and he grunts (loudly) when he poops. I've also caught him shaking his fist, but I blow that off to coincidence. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>They know WAY more than we think! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Edited to add: I just realized something! He sometimes does this on the floor when playing. But when he does it, he adds an obnoxious "I'M TALKING TO YOU!" scream. I've been more or less blowing it off as just baby noises (maybe he's just done with what he's doing and now he's bored), but perhaps I should start paying more attention to that!!! </p>

·
Registered
14 Posts
<p>Wow, super interesting.  My 9 month old makes the raspberry sounds, but I almost always have her diapered, so I never put it together, I guess.  I'm going to test out this theory and leave her diaper free a bit more in the near future!</p>

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<br><br><div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">
<p>I just realized something! He sometimes does this on the floor when playing. But when he does it, he adds an obnoxious "I'M TALKING TO YOU!" scream. I've been more or less blowing it off as just baby noises (maybe he's just done with what he's doing and now he's bored)</p>
</div>
</div>
<p><br>
Yea, same here too! She'll be sitting playing, and then making eye contact and really blowing them rasberries, looking at me intently. Sometimes when I'm laying next to her in bed she'll gaze into my eyes and do that too. Since I started this thread, I've been really on top of taking her right when she first does it. Been rewarded with many, many catches!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yay for EC :)</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts