Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 7.5 months old was sleeping 8 consecutive hrs by 7 weeks and 10 hrs from about 2m to 4.4 months when she started nightwaking and nursing very frequently. Even though she is waking at night, in general she takes longer naps and is a better sleeper than my older one who was a HN nurser/poor sleeper. She is in my bed but we also try the crib sometimes at the beginning of the night. I do my best to pat/shshh her, use a routine, lovey and other NCSS methods and plan to nightwean using Jay Gordon after she's a year.

The last 2 nights she had late naps so was not ready for bed until 9 or 9:30. (she is usually asleep by 8 but proceeds to wake until I go to bed and througout the night) I was so tired by then that I just stayed in bed with her and fell asleep. So, both nights she slept through w/o waking to nurse until 5 or 6am. She did toss and turn a lot so of course I was still up, but is it a coincedence that I was there or b/c she went to bed later, or is it actually possible for a cosleeping nursing baby to sleep through the night at this age??

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah, it's possible. I mean, cosleeping and nursing on demand are great because they allow for flexibility with your child, so if the baby sleeps and doesn't want to nurse at night (provided she's medically okay, and not underweight or anything), enjoy it! Just because she *could* be up several times a night a nurse, doesn't mean she *has* to be.

·
Registered
580 Posts
YOU might actually sleep too!!!!

There is an adjustment period that you may go through where you feel like you are only half-sleeping for a week, but it will get better.

Jen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.