Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that discarded foreskins are commonly used for the production of cytoblasts? in certain cosmetics and creams to create a type of cell regeneration effect. Is there any way to know directly or indirectly what types of cosmetics or creams are produced from foreskins?

I know it's kind of a long shot, but people are able to boycott products that are tested on animals, or contain animal products. I'm just curious to know if there's a way to find out what is made from foreskins.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I know I don't have to worry about boycotting products with foreskin in them. I'm pretty sure those products are really expensive and out of my price range.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
The face creams with foreskin cytoplasts cost around $100 for a little bottle, so it's pretty easy to avoid buying them.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by eepster View Post
The face creams with foreskin cytoplasts cost around $100 for a little bottle, so it's pretty easy to avoid buying them.
I would think ANY product from any company trading in foreskin fibrobalsts would be fair game, not just the ones actually derived from non-consentually amputated human body parts.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron_Low View Post
I would think ANY product from any company trading in foreskin fibrobalsts would be fair game, not just the ones actually derived from non-consentually amputated human body parts.
Do those companies make stuff other than extremely expensive face cream?

ETA: All right, I just took a look at the website of the company that makes the foreskin face cream, and they do have a 3oz $40 bottle of sunscreen, so they have some non-foreskin stuff. However it's not cheap and widely available, so I still think it isn't stuff one would buy without knowing.

Here is a link to the company if anyone wishes to become familiar with their products so as not to buy them.
http://www.skinmedica.com/

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I'd love to know companies involved in this...I buy pretty expensive face cream (Dr. Haushka or however its spelled...but I'm pretty certain they wouldn't be involved, right?)

Where would it state this? I looked at the above website and don't know where to look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.