Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there,

i am wondering if it is possible to "restart" nursing after one year off-time. might be a kind of weird question . i am asking because i have the feeling that nursing my dd has an exceptional emotional effect
on her. i am of course nursing the younger one, and whenever dd asks she is allowed to nurse - she is sucking but i am not sure if she is getting anything.

what do you think? maybe i am just sad that i had to wean her - too early for both of us. did anaone ever try this? or should i be happy with "being over it"?

trin typing with one hand

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
DS never stopped, so I don't have any real experience with this, but wanted to say kudos to you for being so willing to meet your LO's needs! I think I would probably do exactly what you are doing now, just keep letting her if she asks, and maybe she will start nursing more regularly again, maybe not, but she has the security of knowing mom is there for her no matter what.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
The term to search for is 'unweaning' I think. The site that's disappeared but used to exist, nursingtwo.com had an article on it.

But yeah, what PP said - just keep offering and she'll figure out the latch if she's willing. Going to LLL or an LC might help - they might have ideas on how to get a toddler to latch on properly so you don't get hurt. Toddler latch seems to be more complicated to fix.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I started nursing my daughter again at age four. She kept asking if she could nurse and for about a month I said no. One day I decided to say yes and she if she remembered how and everything. She suprisingly remembered how and she is still nursing!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how long was the break? if you don´t mind me asking?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.