Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
6,300 Posts
Yes, most women will O before getting their first ppaf. I always have, but have had such a short luteal phase then I couldn't sustain a pgcy anyways. I always had weird ms like sx when baby was 3-4 mos old from hormones, how old is your baby?

· Registered
251 Posts
yep! conceived my now 5 yr old dd when my firstborn was 4.5 months old. for the record, we did just wean 2 weeks before..but apprantly that was all my body needed to jump back into gear. yet, with my ds, it was 4 months after weaning before i had my first ppaf. every woman's body is different, but yes...totally possible.

· Registered
305 Posts
Yes, it is totally possible. I certainly didn't have two babies in one year on purpose!

· Registered
6,300 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Peak View Post
My babe is 3 mos old...

I am an insomniac, my tummy is burning/queesy...

It is 3 am, I just came down to eat a Luna Bar...

I better get a test...

Uh boy...
I can bet it's just hormones, but you never know. Like I said, w/ EVERY kid, at 3-4 mos pp I could've sworn I was pg! I didn't get af back till the earliest 9 mos.

· Registered
3,311 Posts
If your baby is 3 months old, and you are nursing on demand, you haven't missed feedings, you don't use a paci or bottle, the baby is still nursing at night- you are probably just experiencing weird hormones.

There was an article in LLLI on ecological breastfeeding that would explain it- or if you have TCOYF- there is a section in there about it as well.

That said- I didn't know that with DD. She was still breastfeeding, but slept through the night, and had started on solids when I got pg with DS (no period in sight). They are 15 mo apart.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.