Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>My BIL posted on his facebook a week ago that his children (5 and 7) had gotten their vaccinations and the company had called them to tell them they had stored the vax at the wrong too low temperature and they would have to come in again and test their antibodies and most likely get another shot.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>A few days ago I caught a glimpse of friends asking how his kids were and he said they were really sick and their fevers just broke.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>They did recommend my dd get vaccinated on thanksgiving with her autism dx. This family is ALWAYS sick. We haven't been sick since they basically moved away. So dd hasn't been sick in nearly a year.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway... I'm a little mad they got vaxed just before christmas when they'd be around everybody. Is my dd (who is 1) safe to be around them? I claim ignorance on this but it just seems 5 or however many viruses squirming around their bodies is not a safe thing for us to be around. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>And dinner is tomorrow and it's not like we can just pop in and cross our fingers as most likely we'll stay the night due to the long drive. She also always grabs the baby from me so I don't usually see my child again until we leave or she's crying, so there will be close contact. I'm very introverted.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Are we safe?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>edit to add it was Tuesday he said they thought the fever was finally breaking. and a few days earlier he said that they made a mistake in the vax. They haven't gotten the second shot but he wouldn't answer which shots they got</p>
<p> </p>
<p>No responses.. but I decided to call off christmas. Oh well. I'm sick from som eof of food poisoning anyway and the mom informed me that her child had walking pnemonia therefore isn't contagious anymore and every sight I've seen says walking pnemonia IS contagious. I feel horrible but dh took all their presents to them and then we'll pray he doesn't get sick.</p>

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
<p>The chances are slim to get anything.What vaccines did they get-MMR and Varivax? Maybe a flumist and swine flu vax? More likely to get the flu virus.Varivax  cp is possible,but it will take a bit of incubation.Flumist spreads right away.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>With their fevers those kids are weakened and more likely at risk of picking up something from family. I hope they have the sense to keep them away from others.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would have cancelled too! Speedy healings for all involved.And ofcourse a Happy Holiday!!!!</p>

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>I just had to add an update. This family ended up canceling their new years vacation due to the dad and son also getting sick and today the second child was at the doctors as he was so miserable. Dr said it's a virus and to ride it out. ... thing is if his sister had walking pnemonia (which I don't believe or not JUST mycoplasma infection) then it's not a virus it's a bacteria... </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway they are still sick and we are not so I made the right choice. I'm not reveling in their misery. I really feel awful they are sick but I'm glad my baby won't have to live through that.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>These vaccines sure don't seem to be helping this family! They are ALWAYS soooo sick at chrismas and now I know the real reason. not because they're in school but because this is when they get their booster shots. :/</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts