Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been cloth diapering for 10 months now and dd is 23 months. Suddenly my diapers have started to be amazingly stinky after use. Now I don't mean immediately, but after 1 day in the diaper pail the stink could knock you down! So my question is: is this just normal toddler stuff since she drinks more juice, milk etc now, or do I need to change my wash routine? Right now i do a cold prewash and a hot wash, not much soap, and sometimes an extra rinse if they need it.
I Know this is a goofy question, but I just want to be sure I'm not doing something wrong.
Thanks,
Laura

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
welcome to my world. I have a combo of stinky fleece and stinky hemp...yay
. I'm still trying to figure out what will make them stop stinking, so I won't be much help. Last night, I washed everything in 1 capful of sportswash and then boiled my hemp inserts and rewashed w/sportswash....so we'll see. They've been smelling when he pees, really skunky....yech. good luck w/yours.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Go buy a bottle of sunlight dish washing soap, use about 3tbs in hot water, and do 4 hot washes no soap after that...the final with a cup of vinegar....

Or.....

Add 1 huge heaping cup of baking soda to the first rinse and spin.

Either works for us. Serious issues require both. HAHA.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
sounds like build up to me........... i just wash in hot until i seee no suds in the washer... i once washed only in hot 8 times before the suds were gone...... i am geting ready to try the TTO and baking soda only wash..... and see how that goes...... good luck sounds like you need to do a good stripping on your dipes

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses! Its so nice to have the support of so many nice mamas!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts