Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am now off bed rest. But my doc stated, "No martial relations" for 2 weeks. Ok fine. (Why they can can't say NO SEX is beyond me.) Anyway, it this because of the orgasm, or the semen?
A little history, I was put on bed rest after some spotting and passing a blod clot. My cervix was check that day by the midwife and it was tight & firm in the center & soft on the outer os. I wanted to see the doc to rule out a previa condition. When I made it to the doc 4 days later (due to xmas holidays) my cervix is again firm & tight all the way around. Leads me to believe the spotting & clot was cervical related. Now of course I am asked, any marital relations when this occurred. Nope, but I did have a strong sexual dream that night & I wonder if that is related? So anyone know if it is the "O" or the "S" that could cause this?
Thanks ladies!

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
It's all of the above.

It's the orgasm, which causes uterine contractions. It's the semen, which contains prostaglandins and can ripen a cervix. And probably most importantly, it's the activity itself, which is jarring and can also cause contractions. So even no-O condom-wearing sex (and um, well, for that matter, self-stim
) is off limits.

Sorry!

Good news is you might be taken off "pelvic rest" soon.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
And, um, if you decide to "relieve" your dh, don't swallow. Swallowing semen is also a relatively effective way of boosting those prostaglandins (although not as effective as direct application).

·
Registered
12,302 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lillian
marital relations? welcome to the 21st century, doctor.
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

At least my MIdwife who I might add was my mom's midwife uses the word INTERCOURSE!

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
some will say "pelvic rest"
but the bottom line is even no self stim, no oral or any other way ( what ever turns you on is a "no no")
in addition direct and indirect application of semen - as previously mentioned prostaglandins

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.