Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked this out from the library but have only made a few recipes specifically from that book. I'm just wondering if its something most of you keep on hand or not? And if not, where do you find your NT-friendly recipes? I have Wild Fermentation from the library right now and I definitely plan on getting that one, I just don't know if its worth the $$$ to get the NT book itself.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
There are a few basics (like soaking/fermenting/broth instructions) I used in there, but I mostly like it for the info too. I like Garden of Eating, Wild Fermentation, and the internet for ideas. I mostly just adapt recipes and we eat pretty simply also.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Agreed...there are a few recipes int NT that I like (the moroccan lamb stew is great) but I too go to other places for most of my recipes. Just make notes on the things you want to try, and the info about sokaing and fermenting etc

Tanya

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
Some recipes are indispensible ... all the fermented stuff, the grain and nut soaking and snacks. Some of the soups are wonderful. The yogurt dough and both spinach and lamb pastries made from it are great, and good for improvising too.

But really you buy it for the incredibly detailed nutritional advice! I'm still reading it two years later and finding things I've missed or forgotten. It's a must have for understanding traditional diets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.