Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She had a fanastic pattern for wetbags. Sadly stupid me never printed it off. Did anyone save a copy they can send me?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I'm sorry, I didn't. But, I know of a good zippered wet bag pattern <a href="http://www.amitymama.com/vb/sew-along/246199-zippered-pocket-sew-long-lotsa-pics.html" target="_blank">here</a> .. you just need to use different dimentions and some PUL.<br><br>
I like the idea of a zipper, but I have some drawstring wet bags that I really love. I simply took a peice of PUL twice the length I wanted the bag to be, folded it wrong sides together (so the knit side was on the outside).. serged up the sides. (I like the serging on the outside to avoid wicking, but if you don't have a serger, you can do it wrong sides an then turn it.. think pillowcase). Then, I put a buttonhole about one inch from the top edge. Fold the top edge down to make a casing for a drawstring.. staright stitch (I serged it first just for pretties). Lace a shoe string in there and add a toggle. These work great and when they are just plain PUL, fold down to almost nothing in the diaper bag. These are what we use now. I'll use the pretty print ones that are a bit bulkier later when I don't need to carry an entire diaper bag aroudn with me.<br><br>
hope that helps!<br><br>
Amber

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you..I figured out the length. Never thought about the buttonhole. Great idea..<br><br>
(Can't see the zipper since it's just going in the pail and DH would never zip it) Though I plan on making a few for the diaperbag..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts