Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B"H

here's my deal: i nursed my first ds until two months before dd was born and have been nursing her ever since she was born about 18 months ago, i nursed her through another pregnancy which sadly ended in miscarriage at approx 4 months of gestation back in november. For the past few months I've been feeling very run down and weak and have had occasional dizzy spells, i got high fever in the winter which I haven't gotten in ages and ages, I started an aqua gym course and almost fainted in the pool towards the end of the class, i admit i am not good at taking vitamins regularly although I do try to take iron as often as i remember. Do you think the nursing is taking a lot out of me? maybe it's time to stop? would love to hear from all of u experienced mammas out there. btw 28 yrs old.

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
I think you should go to a doctor. Like yesterday.

I am 29 (this month)--- DD is 6, she nursed til DS was 18 months and DS is now 3.75 years and still nursing. I have had NO health problems like you describe and neither have any of my IRL mommy friends (all who have nursed multiple children usually overlapping into pg or tandeming). The one time I have been very sick ended up being mono. I do not take a vitamin and have not for years.

Go to the doctor. What you are experiencing does not sound right. And I really don't think it has anything to do with nursing.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I agree with TiredX2. I wouldn't think it was related at all to breastfeeding and would get to a doctor asap and at least get a physical and some bloodwork done.

I'm 30 years old and have been nursing for the past 6.5 years straight. I'm tandem nursing through pregnancy for the second time (nursing through pregnancy for the third time) and have never experienced anything like you're describing.

I hope you get some answers soon!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
B"H

Thank you for your advice, i'll go to a doc and we'll see what happens, I'll keep you posted. i probably will ahve to do bloodwork but boy do i dread it, my veins are always hiding and i usually have to draw blood from the hand veins...

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
PP's advice is good to go see a doctor - but don't forget to take what the doctor says with a grain of salt, or go in with some extended breastfeeding statisics. Many doctors seem to me not to be too educated on breastfeeding (my doctor thought it was weird that I hadn't gotten my AF back ten months post partum).

Most of all, get some rest, let someone pamper you a little bit
and

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.