Mothering Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my girlfriend had sex about a week after her last period. It was protected and the condom didn't break and I pulled out. So some time went by and it had been about 40 days since her last period and we had protected sex again. Same as last time. It's been 49 days and no period she has had slight nasuea and slight cramping starting yesterday. Shes taken 2 pregancy test one at 37 days one at 41. Both negative. She's been stressing it pretty bad lately. Could maybe she missed a period? Changed cycle? She said there was very very very little blood when she wiped the 2nd time we had sex. But that was a month after the last time we had sex so it couldn't be implantation bleeding. She said it wasn't even enough to say she was spotting. We're both 16 and just scared.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
It seems unlikely that she's pregnant. Could she see her doctor or a family planning clinic for some reassurance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She doesn't really want her parents to know she's had sex. Is there any other reason besides pregnancy this could be happening?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So could the light cramping and nausea have anything to do with the last time we had sex? It's just so confusing bc her period was already late when we had sex the last time. So I wouldn't think she was ovulating or anything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The more she stresses about it the more likely she is to throw off her cycle, appear late, or even skip a period all together.
The only way to truly know is to keep doing pregnancy tests or wait for another regular period.

Neither of you should really stress about it though. Stress doesn't solve anything. Either she is or isnt.
If she is, then once you find out you will take steps to continue on your life. If she isn't then the same applies.

Nobody has died, and its not the end of the world :)

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
She doesn't really want her parents to know she's had sex. Is there any other reason besides pregnancy this could be happening?

At 16 it's not uncommon for periods to be irregular. And, as the PP said, stress can do it too.

She doesn't need her parents consent to go to family planning. If she's concerned about visiting the same doctors surgery as her parents she could go to a drop-in clinic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So yesterday she had this weird green discharge..... no itching or smelling then some blood. She thought it was her period bc she said it was too red and a little too much blood to be spotting. This would be day 60 I believe and could maybe her period be coming up?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
With that many negative tests she's really unlikely to be pregnant. Green discharge,though,is almost surely an infection.
Are you in the U.S.? If so she can be seen by a Doc or clinic without her parents permission or knowledge.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
If she is around cycle day 60 and still tests negative, she is probably not pregnant.

She should see a doctor about the late cycle and discharge. There are plenty of possibilities that have nothing to do with sex, so she should not feel alarmed to involve her parents (for insurance issues, etc.). She could also ask the doctor to put her on the Pill to regulate her cycles, which would have an added benefit of reducing worry for both of you.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Maybe. Maybe not. She needs to go to the doctor. Both to set her (and your) mind at rest regarding pregnancy and to make sure there is nothing else going on. Untreated infections can cause long-term health problems including infertility and, in the case of tertiary syphilis, death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts