Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is 37 lbs and we are considering the Graco My Ride 65. He is approx 37" tall, maybe a little more<br><br>
If we got this seat, could he rear face in it or would he be too tall for that and have to FF? It RF to 40, but FF to 65. But I read that some kids are tall and actually have to FF before they reach 40 lbs. where can I find the height limits for this seat in RF position? is it lower than the FF position (which I think is 49")?<br><br>
Also considering the Radian since it RF to 45 but that one is more than twice as much!<br><br>
Are there any other car seats that RF to 40 or 45 besides these ones? I did see the Safety First Complete Air but that only goes to 50 lbs so ruled it out.<br><br>
I noticed there were a few other brands of radians that also went to 45 lbs? Not sure why they are priced even higher though, anyone know?<br><br>
any other brands I missed that RF longer?

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
He can RF until he has one inch of shell above his head. Overall height is not important but rather the child's torso height. A very long torsoed 37 inch child might be getting close to outgrowing it but it would be rare.<br><br>
The Radian does have a much taller shell and is normally around $260. The SL models have the 45 lb weight limit.<br><br>
Don't discount the Complete Air just because of the FF weight limit-- it actually has the tallest shell of these three seats and will last the longest RF heightwise. It will definitely last until 40 pounds RF whereas the MyRide might last until 40 due to the difference in shell height. Seats are outgrown FF by height well before weight since again the childs overall height is meaningless and the seat is outgrown when the weight limit is reached OR the shoulder reaches the top strap slot OR the ears are above the shell. The CA will last longer than the Radian FF since the top strap height is taller and most kids will be too tall for the Radian by 50 pounds anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts