Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally took DS to a "mainstream"pediatricain for his darth vader breathing. We were seeing a naturoptath and did elimination diet, supplements, etc. which did little to no good. We know it is allergy induced and he has huge tonsils (all this like his Mama!) but when the ped looked in his npse he saw the problem -swollen! HE prescribed nasonex. Now my boy is otherwise very healthy, invaxed, etc. and I am iffy about the nasonex but we need a cure/treatment/whatever. <a href="http://www.spfiles.com/pinasonex.pdf" target="_blank">HERE</a> is the nasonex insert. The ingredients crep me out a bit. The part about it making chickenpox more dangerous bugged me out too...<br><br>
I am so torn...I bought a homeopathic substitute BUT oen ingredient makes me iffy but what the big clincher is-it has to be administered 4x daily and nasonex is just one, which is going to be hard enough. HElp mamas-advice needed asap!

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
One of my boys did use it for about 10 months a couple of years ago. He had been sick repeatedly for several months & I finally found out that his classroom at school was mold contaminated from a water leak. Once that was remedied it took a while for his allergies to settle down & we used Nasonex because I felt the adverse effects were fewer with that than with the oral alternatives. The Nasonex plus environmental controls & dietary modifications calmed it down enough so that he didn't have all the swelling & mucus pooling that kept him sick for so long. I guess it just depends on the situation & whatever you're comfortable with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts