Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son had a bike accident a 2 months ago. His front tooth was broken. It's evident when he talks or smiles and looks odd, he wants to fix it so we are planning to consult a cosmetic dentist soon. My friends suggested a porcelain crown is a good option. Has anyone tried using porcelain crowns? Is it a good choice?

· Registered
3 Posts
Hello, my husband just lost his top incisors while playing tennis and was really self-conscious about his looks. We visited a nearby dental office, and the dentist prescribed porcelain crowns. He assured that these crowns will look the best and most natural. They have the same shape, size, and color of your neighboring teeth. The dentist can also match the color of the crown to the shade of the surrounding teeth when using tooth-colored resin or a porcelain or porcelain-fused-to-metal crown for front tooth restorations. We are quite pleased with the final outcomes.

· Registered
2 Posts
"You haven’t specified whether he broke his milk tooth or not. If yes, and you can’t wait for this tooth to fall, then you can ask your dentist to do the filling on the tooth. This minor defect can be easily fixed and will be less painful and stressful for your kid.
If you firmly decide you want a crown, then a porcelain one is a good option. But you should check out how the implant will be installed. I suggest you read more info on https://thehealthysmile.net/dental-services/cosmetic-dentistry-bay-village-ohio/. But do NOT show this to your kid. He will be freaked out by watching this process. Besides, placing the crown on his tooth will take some time. You better be ready for that."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts