Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son had a bike accident a 2 months ago. His front tooth was broken. It's evident when he talks or smiles and looks odd, he wants to fix it so we are planning to consult a cosmetic dentist soon. My friends suggested a porcelain crown is a good option. Has anyone tried using porcelain crowns? Is it a good choice?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, my husband just lost his top incisors while playing tennis and was really self-conscious about his looks. We visited a nearby dental office, and the dentist prescribed porcelain crowns. He assured that these crowns will look the best and most natural. They have the same shape, size, and color of your neighboring teeth. The dentist can also match the color of the crown to the shade of the surrounding teeth when using tooth-colored resin or a porcelain or porcelain-fused-to-metal crown for front tooth restorations. We are quite pleased with the final outcomes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As far as I know, the porcelain crown is the best option in these situations. My dad lost one of his teeth four months ago, and he got the porcelain crown. We went to the best dentist in our area, which he recommended to us. Of course, this is not the only option on the market, and it depends on a lot of factors what's the best. If you need a more professional approach, don't hesitate to contact Dr. Jeffrey Gross | Eastlake, OH Dentist | The Healthy Smile. He's the best dentist I have ever tried, and I'm sure he'll give you the best advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dental crowns are an integral part of the dental prosthetics procedure. Porcelain crowns are among the most sought-after crowns, which have excellent aesthetics and good functional properties. Porcelain (all-ceramic) crowns are pressed ceramic without any metal impurities. Porcelain is used in production technology, produced by pressing and firing. The crowns made with this technology have a good level of durability. However, they are inferior to metal and ceramic-on-metal crowns in durability. I have had my teeth done in many places, but the last time a piece of my front tooth on my lower jaw broke off, I went to smiledoctors.com and was very pleased with their work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts