Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're moving into a place that has some carpet. While we plan on replacing the carpet eventually, it will likely stay carpet for a year or so. What's the best way to clean it without chemicals before moving in? Are there some key words I need to use when calling steam cleaning places?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
You could do it yourself and just use water in the steamer.For the price of having a company come out you could probably buy your own steamer.If you have kids and carpet it's a really nice thing to own.I don't put any soap in mine and it works great.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
If you are not up for doing it yourself, I'd call around and ask what products different cleaners use. We have a local guy who is all natural. He uses natural products to spot clean stains, then just steams to rinse and disinfect the carpet afterwards. We were a little doubtful when we first talked to him that it would be effective, but the carpet in the boys room really did come up nicely

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.