Mothering Forum banner

Is that my boob or a road map???

1K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  hopeful1 
#1 ·
Are any of you mommas experiencing this? I happened to glance in the mirror last night after getting out of the tub, and OMG!!!!! My boobs are COVERED in purple veins EVERYWHERE!!! I also noticed a few days ago that I'm already leaking colostrum. Is the purple vein thing normal???? and will it go away after birth or nursing? Please tell me yes!/B]

#2 ·
I seem to recall the veins getting darker last pregnancy. Hasn't happened yet this time around, but it does make sense. You have lots of blood flow going through there. Since I don't have it now, I assume it goes away later.

#6 ·
I have really light - almost transparent - skin. So, yeah, the veins are a definite sign that I'm really pregnant. They came up a little earlier this time than last. Personally, I don't mind the stretchmarks as much because I'm so fair... they don't look like anything other than some shinier skin on me (and boy oh boy do I have them!)

As for colostrum... totally possible to be producing it already! Congrats, the girls are working!

#7 ·
Yes, my boobs totally do that. It get better when you aren't pg, even while you nurse. Then when you are done nursing and you aren't pg you realize that your cute boobies are gone.... all of a sudden veins are the least of your concerns; it's like 'where did my boobs go?!'

#9 ·
I've noticed it in a few places on my body. The veins are much darker. My boobs always get that way. It does go away after the baby is born and the blood supply lessens. I also noticed darker, more pronounced veins on my arms and belly.

#10 ·
Pardon the Little Mary Sunshine for a moment (maybe it's because I just has chocolate
)

The one good thing about the big-ol' veins everywhere... I have to get my blood drawn for thyroid levels every 4-6 weeks. I've always had tiny, deep veins that are hard to find for drawing blood - when I had my gallbladder out 3 months pp, they had to stick me 6 times to try and find a vein!

But for the last 3 or 4 draws... first try! Man - that's been awesome!!!

#11 ·
I noticed this too about a week ago! It seems like my veins have come closer to my pale skin. I haven't started producing colostrum yet though. I thought that I had but it seems like my nipples (and really all my boobs' skin) are extra dry. Other than the flakes and itchiness, I am really liking my boobs these days!

#12 ·
ah yes, but does your road map extend to your belly too?

I now have visible veins all over my chest, and down my belly too - it was the same with dd! I have really really white Celtic skin, so I'm not too surprised, but still...I'm starting to wonder if I'm turning into a blue cheese

Oh, and yup, the colostrum's back...and my nips are soooooo itchy
:

#13 ·
Peeking in from December club...

My boobs tend to be on the large side, and, in the past, I have noticed that they tend to show veins more when I gain a little holiday weight. But now, of course, we're talking enough weight for several holidays, so the veins are there already. I really think that this is due to breasts being a bit bigger in the first place in addition to other changes due to the actual pregnancy.

#15 ·
I have an expanding network of dark blue veins on my chest and bust. DH pointed out--and he was excited about this!--that they make a pattern that looks like a long-stemmed rose on one side of my chest. I was less than enthused about that one, to say the least... glad they're entertaining him, though. If only the veins on my bust would start spelling out "LOOK DON'T TOUCH!" I'd be in great shape.

#20 ·
Ok, I previously said it hadn't happened to me yet this preg, but then yesterday I was trying on a bra at the store, and when I looked in the mirror, I noticed the HUGE road map that has suddenly appeared!
There's a big whopping vein going from my right shoulder to my left boob, then it branches out all over that boob and also branches up to my left shoulder. The right boob doesn't have much in the way of huge veins - not anything like hte left one does. Interestingly, my left boob is the bigger one (like a cup size bigger).

It was just so funny when I looked in the mirror and then I immediately remembered this thread. It is a little scary when you first notice it, isn't it?

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by boscopup
It is a little scary when you first notice it, isn't it?

That's what I thought.... at first sight it was a little alarming.... I had to do a double take. Then when I really started looking I noticed they were all over. I have them on my sides of my stomach too....
:

#23 ·
I was a 36 full B or almost C when I got prego..... now at almost 28 weeks I am a 38 D
not sure how that happened lol but dh is not complaining.... i dont have the viens but i do have some major stretch marks goin on there

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyBumblebee
the ones on the side are kinda funny, huh? I'm used to seeing some on my chest a lot of the time as I am so flippin fair, but they're getting darker and darker all the time.
Well, either my veins are so close to the skin, they're about to pop out, or my blood must be practically black because I have dark skin.... AND THEY STILL SHOW!!!!
And yeah, the one's on the sides look pretty gruesome.... looks like I just crawled out of my grave...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.