Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br>
So our rescue Plott Hound, Lexie, has been kind of quiet today. She only ate some of her breakfast. I took her on two walks and she did both happily. She accepted all treats (and there were a lot as we are working on down, etc). She slept much of the afternoon--a bit more than usual I'd say but it is a cold and rainy day so I didn't think much of it. Then she did not eat her dinner and went upstairs and laid right back down. I went up to get her to take her out. When I clipped her leash on she did not get up--this is a first.<br><br>
Over the holiday she did have a day where she threw up and had really runny poop. It lasted less than 24 hours and she was drinking water, peeing and going on walks happily the whole time so I did not take her to the vet. (Also we were at the vet just last Monday for her initial check-up.)<br><br>
So, should I be worried? Should I call the vet tomorrow?<br><br>
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Did you call the vet?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I wouldnt call the vet over that. Unless there are signs you see that are not posted here.<br>
She could not have eaten her dinner because she was full from treats, or she just wasn't hungry. She could just be tired. Growing is hard work. So is being trained.<br>
She could be feeling a cold coming on- dogs probably get minor colds and aches similar to humans.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. She ate her breakfast the next morning and acted generally happy and normal so I did not call the vet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts