Mothering Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a silly question, but I've got to get the grandparents to STOP buying stuffed bears and plastic toys. Is there a great toy store that I can turn them on to along the 217-corridor? I'm hoping for something like Finnegan's or Child's Play where I can just turn them loose.<br><br>
If you know of more than one -- they work at & live by Nike... Murray is great, Washington Square area is great; Lake Oswego area is fine (I'm on to the HA outlet!)!<br><br>
TIA!

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
How about Thinker Toys up in Multnomah Village? It's a few miles off the Allen Blvd exit heading east toward the city, but that would probably fit the bill... There's also another location in Northwest Portland at Kearney and 23rd, and I think there's one more in the Sellwood area.<br><br>
warmly,<br>
claudia

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
There is a really cool toystore in downtown Hillsboro............... I'll ask dh what it is called and get back to you.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone told me about the M.V. one, and although it sounds right to me, I know the folks won't go there... The city is Baaaaad. lol I've also heard about "Learning Ladder", near Segals in Tigard / Beaverton, but don't know anyone that's been there.... I may check it out next time I visit them.<br><br>
They'll go to Hills., though... Look forward to hearing more about that! ESPECIALLY if it's Tanasborne -- that's very near their home!

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
The toy store is called Let's Play and it is in downtown Hillsboro ( I am sorry I don't know more we hardly ever get out there)

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you ever get to Sherwood, check out Mudpuddles! Also, I've heard that the Portland waldorf school has a store with toys.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Learning Ladder is pretty cool... lots of Waldorf inspired toys, cute cloth toys by HABA, stuff for pretend play & some art supplies.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>Potty Diva</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">What about Imaginarium at Washington Square? Is it still there? I remember they had great learning toys.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
all the imaginarium stores here in the portland area (and maybe nationwide???) closed a few years ago.<br><br>
~claudia

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Learning Palace, in Canyon Place in Beaverton<br>
Mindventures, SW Nyberg, Tualatin<br>
I think there's one near the Chevy's restaurant off Kruse way, but I'm not sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts