Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am weaning myself slowly off of caffeine. I love green tea,and recently purchased "Yogi Tea. GreenTea Kombucha."

Do Ihave to steep it first, or can I just stick it in my suntea jar???

TIA!!!
mp

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
we tried to make it as suntea and it didn't work for us

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I don't know about "yogi tea, green tea kombucha"

BUT we make sun tea in a 1 gal jar, 8 bags of green or white tea and 2 bags of chia, makes for very yummy suntea that is refreshing. If you're an experianced suntea maker it'll be easier to know when it's done steeping, a little experimentation may be in order. oh and no, we don't steep before setting out to steep in the sun.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
What she said, lol. I make sun tea all the time, green especially, and decaf at that. I add about 9 tea bags to cold water in a one gallon glass sun tea jar, put it out usually about 10:00 am and leave it out until about 2:00 in full sun light. Works fine for me!
You can overbrew-just don't leave it out for more than about 6 hours or it will be overbrewed. Most teas need to sit for about 3-4 hours to be fully brewed.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
hmmm, perhaps it doesn't work for me because I use really fresh barely dried green tea leaves and not tea bags? Anyway, for this kind of green tea in Japan you only have to pour the boiling water over the leaves and steep about 30 seconds for full flavor--so it probably doesn't take as much time as using a tea bag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts