Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have decided against certain vaccinations at birth, and the hospital told us we would have to either bring our own, or sign their refusal to vax forms.<br><br>
I have heard about some of the forms they require you to sign, and I'm not signing that unless there is NO other option for us.<br><br>
Is there a standardized form per vax online anywhere?<br>
Or does anyone have a copy of one they can email/pm me?<br><br>
TIA~ Jodi

·
Registered
884 Posts
that may depend on what state you live in and on what exemptions are available to you.<br><br>
ah, i just re-read your post ans see that it doesn't have to do with exemptions from a school entry standpoint, you are wanting to refuse vax <i>at birth</i> i would just write up a simply worded, short note that says something like <b>"we (mama x) and (papa/other mama x) hereby decline all vaccinations for our baby at birth in abc hospital. any immunizations the baby may need will be provided by her/his doctor at a later date. signed (mama) (papa/mama)"</b><br><br>
i like the "any immunizations baby may need..." part (even if you don't plan to ever give baby any vaxes), just because it tells them that you are DELAYING vaxing, instead of choosing to totally NOT vax, which often gives you way less trouble. in cases like this, i find it's easier to not be outspoken about my beliefs, but just to do what i need to do to protect my babies and then move on quietly.<br><br>
good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts