Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a brand new AIO today and when I opened it up to pet the inside (yes I do this! :LOL ) I noticed that the microfleece isn't as soft as I know that it can be. I mean, it's soft but that brand new, butter soft feeling isn't there. It also has a glossy sheen to it that I don't remember being there before either.

Can someone help?! I've gotten an AIO from this company before and it just doesn't look right. I emailed them but won't hear back for a few days as they are on vacation.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I had a couple Swaddlebees that were inside out (not that I'm sending you
) and I'd only have been able to tell 'cause I compared them to the other ones I had. The fleece is definitely more pilly.. almost seperated looking.. compared to all completely smooth.

Dunno if that helps.. but thought I'd try :LOL

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not a Swaddlebees, but I've been watching those ever since I heard it's happened before.

The microfleece on this one seems to have a shorter "pile" to it than normal, almost a more matted and slightly rougher texture.

I'm waiting on an email back from the maker, so we'll see.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
I have about 25 different microfleece colors and brands on hand, all of them look and feel differently. I use them all, so it is possible that she just used a different brand. Tonitex has the softest fleece I have ever felt and malden mills has several different types of microfleece that are all different in texture and feel. I bet she just used a different fleece from her stash.

·
Registered
283 Posts
It's hard to tell once the diaper is already put together. You have to pull on the selvedge edge of the fabric to tell what is the wrong side. If you take a square cut of microfleece and pull on one side it will say one way, if you pull on another corner it will say the other side. Selvedge is important. There are so many different types of microfleece that it is really hard to tell. There are veloured microfleece, chamois microfleece, double sided microfleece, different manufacturers, on and on. There are microfleece fabrics that have been treated with DWR (Durable water repellant) and there are those that have not been treated. It is just so variable that it is really hard to say, unless you just say "it just depends on what she used".

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well, my only concern was that I've had LOTS of AIO's from this company and the fleece has never felt like this. I knew right away when I felt it that it was different from anything else I've gotten from them. If they started using a different brand then thats AOK, I just knew it felt different to me.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I just got some Microfleece in on friday. I ordered 3 colors from the same company and it all feels and looks different. sometimes it is easy to tell, but last week i say and looked ath the same fleece for a good 10 min and had to "decide" what is the right side.. that was SAD!!!! it was expensive too and it looked sooo cheap. the fleece i get at joanns seemed a lot better quality....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts