Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted yesterday about our extreme nighttime diapering dilemma. To recap, he fills every diaper and leaks in sposies so that is not an option (thank goodness because although I just started cding I hate them already).

Anyway, last night I tried a Wonderoo stuffed with 2 Wonderfulls and not only did he fill the diaper but it leaked!! I had really high hopes for this combo but alas it did not work out at all.

The other problem is that he is very uncomfortable in cloth at night. I tried sposies and he was much more comfy but they leaked so that is not really an option.

He is 9 months, cosleeps and nursing all night long. Any suggestions for a nighttime solution? I have tried FB stuffed with MOE's, sherpa, JB's, Sugar Plum Baby with hemp trifold and fleece topped doubler. All with an Aristocrat over it.

My main concern is him not leaking and him being able to sleep.

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I could never stuff a FB enough for my super soaker ds#1. I am using fitteds and a Mother Ease Airflow cover or wool soaker on him at night now with no leaks. I have a Bee-bos fitted that works great at night, and a Fluffymail FCB Nightlight with a heavy wetter insert. I add a Joey Bunz extra into these pocket fitteds just for a little extra protection. The other fitted that has worked for us as night is a Mother Ease Sandys with two Joey Bunz and a stay dry liner all set inside. Super bulky, but no leaks.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
We use Rolie Polie Baby's Mini Rumpsters (I hope that is what they are called) and we put 2 Joeys in the back. We then put that in a Bummis wrap, and another cover over the top because we know that it will wick (we have little luck with Bummis).

All of this on my 17 pound baby. I think it weighs more than she does.

We also have two Soft Landing Stuffers. I stuff those with two Joeys and an infant prefold.

Hope you find something. Maybe you need to change him before you go to bed? I used to have to do that with DD # 1 when I worked into the wee hours of the morning. I would change her at 3 in the morning because of the wet through factor (and that was with sposies!)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I posted a similar question the other day. We recently switched to cloth and she just doesn't sleep as well. And she's a heavy wetter at night. I've been doing 'sposies (Huggies Overnights)
: at night sometimes. If I do cloth, I have to change her at least once a night.

Sorry I don't have anything constructive to add, just wanted to let you know I'm in the same
: boat.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Try a fitted (maybe hemp?) with a few doublers inside. I adore my FCB Nightlight, just because it's SOOOOOO soft, but any decently absorbant fitted is good. I use Sandies as my regular nighttime dipe. Plus at least 6 layers of hemp french terry (more of the thinner stuff) and all topped with a fleece-topped birdseye contour to maximize they dry feeling.

I recently discovered that if I stuffed the doublers INTO the fleece-topped contour it makes a much tidier package
. How long did it take me to figure that out?

And I second the Airflow recommendation. They rock!

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Just wanted to add my 0.02 and say that PUL pockets don't work for us at night...the amount I have to stuff in there causes too many gaps and therefore leaks. We have had a LOT of success with hemp fitteds under wool. I sometimes add in a hemp doubler like a joeybunz. I do sometimes change him anyways, because by the time we go to bed, he's already wet and I don't want him to sit in it all night.
I can't believe an aristocrat hasn't worked for you! Mine is a daily wonder to me. That and my BJ Marketplace soaker both make leaks non existent.
Maybe if you super-lanolize it?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebenjies
Just wanted to add my 0.02 and say that PUL pockets don't work for us at night...the amount I have to stuff in there causes too many gaps and therefore leaks. We have had a LOT of success with hemp fitteds under wool. I sometimes add in a hemp doubler like a joeybunz. I do sometimes change him anyways, because by the time we go to bed, he's already wet and I don't want him to sit in it all night.
I can't believe an aristocrat hasn't worked for you! Mine is a daily wonder to me. That and my BJ Marketplace soaker both make leaks non existent.
Maybe if you super-lanolize it?
The aristocrat worked as far as keeping the bed dry. I love my crat! But I need something to keep him dry and comfortable enough to sleep without tossing and turning.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinmomof3
We use Rolie Polie Baby's Mini Rumpsters (I hope that is what they are called) and we put 2 Joeys in the back. We then put that in a Bummis wrap, and another cover over the top because we know that it will wick (we have little luck with Bummis).

All of this on my 17 pound baby. I think it weighs more than she does.

We also have two Soft Landing Stuffers. I stuff those with two Joeys and an infant prefold.

Hope you find something. Maybe you need to change him before you go to bed? I used to have to do that with DD # 1 when I worked into the wee hours of the morning. I would change her at 3 in the morning because of the wet through factor (and that was with sposies!)
Thanks for your reply. I would change him before I go to bed but he is usually not wet yet...he seems to open the flood gates around 3am. =)

I was looking at the Mini Rumpster but I am a little scared to try it considering he drenched the Sugar Plum baby hemp quick dry with trifold soaker and fleece topped doubler. Would the Rumpster be more absorbant?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TOmomma
Try a fitted (maybe hemp?) with a few doublers inside. I adore my FCB Nightlight, just because it's SOOOOOO soft, but any decently absorbant fitted is good. I use Sandies as my regular nighttime dipe. Plus at least 6 layers of hemp french terry (more of the thinner stuff) and all topped with a fleece-topped birdseye contour to maximize they dry feeling.

I recently discovered that if I stuffed the doublers INTO the fleece-topped contour it makes a much tidier package
. How long did it take me to figure that out?

And I second the Airflow recommendation. They rock!
Thank you! I am new to cd so where would I find the hemp french terry and the fleece topped birdseye contour?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Duck Goose
I posted a similar question the other day. We recently switched to cloth and she just doesn't sleep as well. And she's a heavy wetter at night. I've been doing 'sposies (Huggies Overnights)
: at night sometimes. If I do cloth, I have to change her at least once a night.

Sorry I don't have anything constructive to add, just wanted to let you know I'm in the same
: boat.
It stinks doesn't it? Does your little one still leak out of the sposie? That is our problem and a bg reason we switched to cloth. Sigh...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2much2luv
Have you considered changing him in the night? I keep a stack of diapers by the bed for changes so I don't even have to get out of bed and it really doesn't disturb me that much.
Yes, but if I wake him up he is not a happy camper to say the least. We may just be forced to deal with that though. Just as he was beginning to sleep through. =(

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
I would want to guess not enough absorbency, and baby can feel the wetness. Maybe try a really absorbent fitted that has microfleece next to baby's butt, with and extra 2-3 soakers underneath m/f soaker, then a cover.

We use a med FB (he can still wear a small during the day) stuffed with 2 JB and one boy Ducky Buns, and it's soaked in the morning - I think we're gonna need another Ducky Buns soon. In our experience, ds doesn't really care about the bulk at night - only during the day when he's everywhere in our house, and even crawling up our stairs.

Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.