Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to start out by saying I have no expectations of having a child that trains young nor do I feel I need to push it on my daughter. HOWEVER, for a few weeks now, everytime she poops, she brings me a diaper, her wipes and lies down for me! I know she is VERY young, at 14 months. Is there anything I should be doing to encourage the process? Obviously she is uncomfortable and of course i change her immediately - DH and I are amazed she does this so young! Any thoughts from moms, especially those that have gone through the training experience?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sounds like you might want to check out the Elimnation Communication sub-board on the Diapering forum. It is possible to start potty-learning very early, and is routine in other areas of the world.<br><br>
DD is the same age is yours, and she's starting announce that she's pooped. From what I understand, the goal is to help them recognize when they're about to go. You do this by learning their unconscious signals, like straining, etc.<br><br>
HTH!

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Nope definately not too young, the Ec board is a great place for info on PL younger toddlers. Many EC folks post about infant PL but IME the same EC principles apply to PL with young toddlers.<br><br>
With my 16 mo, I just moved a potty into our living room and left her bottomless for longer and longer periods of time (times when I could give her my undivided attention) while redirecting any accidents to the potty ASAP. It really only took a day or two for her to get the idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts