Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to start out by saying I have no expectations of having a child that trains young nor do I feel I need to push it on my daughter. HOWEVER, for a few weeks now, everytime she poops, she brings me a diaper, her wipes and lies down for me! I know she is VERY young, at 14 months. Is there anything I should be doing to encourage the process? Obviously she is uncomfortable and of course i change her immediately - DH and I are amazed she does this so young! Any thoughts from moms, especially those that have gone through the training experience?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sounds like you might want to check out the Elimnation Communication sub-board on the Diapering forum. It is possible to start potty-learning very early, and is routine in other areas of the world.

DD is the same age is yours, and she's starting announce that she's pooped. From what I understand, the goal is to help them recognize when they're about to go. You do this by learning their unconscious signals, like straining, etc.

HTH!

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Nope definately not too young, the Ec board is a great place for info on PL younger toddlers. Many EC folks post about infant PL but IME the same EC principles apply to PL with young toddlers.

With my 16 mo, I just moved a potty into our living room and left her bottomless for longer and longer periods of time (times when I could give her my undivided attention) while redirecting any accidents to the potty ASAP. It really only took a day or two for her to get the idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.