Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I went into labor early Sunday morning and got to 4 cm, then things slowed down and I haven't really been having strong contractions. I am still having them, but they aren't getting stronger. My midwife was here for about 6 hours then left... I was having tons of bloody show and am not any more. Does this mean labor has actually stopped, or are things just progressing slowly? My midwife has stopped by a couple times and the baby's heart rate is fine, so waiting is still ok. RRL tea seems to make the contractions a bit stronger and I have been going on long walks and such. Would EPO have a potential to help things along. Should I be trying to help things progress or just wait it out? I am a student and have missed a lot of school from thinking I was in labor and now I don't know if I should treat things like I am not in labor or what...I am posting here because my midwife is at a birth so I can't get her opinion atm. Thanks</p>

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
<p>I moved this to Birth and Beyond, as we don't host an "ask the birth professionals" type forum.  That said, EPO wouldn't do anything more, as you're dilated already.  It acts to ripen the cervix.  Sounds like you were having prodromal labor...which is labor that changes the cervix, but is not active.  You need active to produce a baby.  I would work on making sure that the baby is well positioned, and then just wait till the baby decides it's time.  In the meanwhile, I would eat really well. Sleep, sleep, sleep when EVER you can.  Drink plenty of fluids.  Your body and your baby, provided the baby is well positioned, will do the rest.</p>

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>The baby seems to be in a great position. Baby is anterior and the head is right down against my cervix,  very low. I keep having stronger contractions periodically and am now having more bloody show now since last night. I know I need to be paitient, the waiting just sucks. I kind of feel like I am in this kind of frozen reality, just waiting. I am worried that it could be like this for the next nearly 3 weeks and it is driving me nuts.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts