Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
It does not sound like his problems at school are being dealt with effectively by his teachers. Does he ever hit at home? If so, how to you address it?

My thought is that being punished with detention is creating increasing levels of frustration and rage within him, and he is not being shown any better way to act. So, it just keeps getting worse. As a parent, I take it every seriously when my child hits, but I work with him and talk with to get to the source of his feelings -- and I work with him on learning what to do *instead* of hitting. When you son is being picked on by another child, he needs to know how he can "fix" it without being violent. Has his teacher given him another option? Has she made a way for him to express his feelings more appropriately? By loudly telling the teasing child to "stop that," or by asking the teacher for help with the situation.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.