Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
When my older stepson was still living with his mother, he was the "problem" in his classroom. He didn't hit, but he licked and kissed and rolled on the floor and was generally a giant pain.

Now he was having severe problems at home with his mom, which obviously was the major reason for his behavior, but you know, funny, he NEVER pulled this stuff on the weekends at my house. So I went to his classroom to observe, and I saw something very similar to what you're describing. The teachers weren't doing a damn thing to create an ordered environment, and the kids were running loose, but the kids who were more stable than my stepson had the skills to keep it just under the teachers' radar. It was my stepson who would finally take it far enough to get noticed, and then he would be the one to get in trouble.

"You need to go back to pre-K" is a nasty way to put it, but it does sound to me like your son just isn't ready for the stress of the classroom. My stepson couldn't deal, at a much older age, because of issues at home, but your son is probably just on the emotionally younger side of normal. He can't deal because he's not ready to deal. That's no excuse for his being shamed by the teachers , by the way.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.