Mothering Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This kid is insanely busy - I feel him kicking around as soon as I get up, then around meals, and randomly throughout the day. This evening he's been flipping about and having a grand ol' time off and on for at least an hour. Is that normal for 20 weeks? Being my first, I have no frame of reference.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
This kid is insanely busy - I feel him kicking around as soon as I get up, then around meals, and randomly throughout the day. This evening he's been flipping about and having a grand ol' time off and on for at least an hour. Is that normal for 20 weeks? Being my first, I have no frame of reference.
They're up for about 6 hours a day now. My little bean is pretty active too.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, that makes some sense then - I think he must be mostly awake during the day, which is pretty excellent timing at least! Any resources on in utero patterns and such you're using as your guide to the 'hours awake' figure?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Ok, that makes some sense then - I think he must be mostly awake during the day, which is pretty excellent timing at least! Any resources on in utero patterns and such you're using as your guide to the 'hours awake' figure?
That's just what my pregnancy+ app was saying for week 20. :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Don't worry, it won't be long until he's head butting you in the cervix. It's as fun as it sounds :)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys... you make it sound so glamorous.... LOL

·
Registered
259 Posts
Haha, you guys are too funny! I thought I might have felt something a few nights ago, but nothing since. I'll be 18w on Tuesday. I'm hoping the lack of action in there just means we've got a chill/relaxed babe. Much like his/her parents! :wink

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm 17 weeks tomorrow and am feelings things daily but not regularly. I have to be still and relaxed if I'm going to feel anything, but the past couple evenings on the couch and last night in bed I felt distinctive baby wiggles. It's such a joy, especially before lightning crotch is a part of my reality :wink:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
21 weeks and now I can see movement across my stomach. o_O This is crazy!

Reactions: typebug

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
21 weeks and now I can see movement across my stomach. o_O This is crazy!
Yay! In a few weeks you'll be able to see the whole outline of a foot sometimes. ;) My son used to offer us his little feet in the third trimester and we'd massage the bottoms of them and he'd just press them to the top of my belly and go really still (probably in bliss). It was so fun to connect with this little person way in there.

Reactions: stardogs

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was feeling movement pretty regularly last week (I'm 19 weeks now), but it's been so quiet in there the past few days that now I'm getting a little worried. I'm guessing everything is fine, but it's reassuring to feel those little wiggles every so often.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts