Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

After months of awful nausea and vomiting, I am finally (in the past month-ish), able to eat relatively normally. I find myself getting *super* hungry, though. Hungrier than I have ever been in my entire life, even more than when I played sports in high school (which was *very* hungry). I find myself being hungry if I wake up in the middle of the night to go pee, even.

I try to eat filling foods and stay hydrated and so forth, and am open to eating more (I'm still up just a pound from the day I got my positive PG test, up 11 from my very lowest after being sick for a long time - I gained 5 pounds just this past month, though), but I am wondering if there is anything "wrong" with being so hungry. Is it a sign of anything bad, or am I just paranoid?

I passed my 3-hour glucose test with great numbers, so I don't think I have GD. Nobody (I see midwives most of the time, but did also see an OB for my 21-week ultrasound) has said anything about my weight gain, the baby's size or anything else to lead me to believe there's a problem.

Anyone else super, super hungry??? I know I'm growing a whole new person, here, but sometimes, like when I waited too long to eat and am waiting for something to finish cooking or whatnot, I am so hungry I almost cry.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
It's a pretty normal pregnancy symptom. I've had to get up in the middle of the night to eat something on occasion. And if I'm up late I *have* to eat or I feel sick.

If you look at the Dr. Sears kids book 'Baby on the Way' it actually says about how hungry the mommy will be when she's growing a baby & shows her eating a stack of about 5 sandwiches.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whew! I'm glad to hear it's normal. I have contemplated going to get a snack when I wake up hungry, but then my sleepiness wins out!

That book sounds really good. I didn't know Dr. Sears made kids books, too.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Yeah there's 3 or 4 kids books. One for when the mom is expecting, one about new babies, one about potty training & I *think* there might be a healthy eating one, but I could be wrong about that, I've never actually seen it. My kids really like them, although I think some of the lines in 'Baby on the Way' are incredibly corny.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I don't often get *ravenous*, but I do continue to snack (mostly healthy stuff) throughout the day in order to avoid getting the I-MUST-EAT-NOW type hunger pangs. Plus, part of the reason I was having such bad morning sickness is because I was going too long between eating (which is understandable when you're nauseated), and that was making my blood sugar low.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.