Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Is there too much of anything? All depends on your personal beliefs and philosophy on that subject. There are probably going to be completely opposing opinions on this.
For me, yes, there is such a thing as too many diapers, too many clothes, too many shoes, too much food, too many toys, etc. etc. etc. I believe in moderation and self-control in all things. I try not to be mastered by anthing. If I can't feel content unless I have something that is non-essential to my basic life and well-being, then to me, I'm being controlled by it.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Aw, if you love it all - it's worth it!
I probably have too many, but they mean a lot to me and they don't totally control my life. They're only in dipes for such a short time - might as well enjoy it while we can!

ETA ~ I'm totally content - buying more diapers in just fun.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
It depends on your philosophy, I suppose. For me there can be, and currently are, too many diapers. I try to moderate our buying of just about everything, and have failed miserably and doing so when it comes to diapers. It makes me feel guilty so I am selling, selling, selling, and feeling free-er and lighter in the process. For others, nope, you can never have to many.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chloesmom
BLASPHEMY!

AGREED!!!

Seriously... probably which is why I'm going through and thinning out again... so I can buy more...
:
:

Anyone remember that drug commercial about the guy doing coke... I buy coke so I can work harder, make more money, so I can buy more coke, so I can work harder, make more money, so I can buy more coke...

Honestly, I go through cycles. I won't buy for a long time, then I'll buy for a while then I won't again.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'd say it's reached too many if it's putting you in financial jeopardy. Other than that fact, why not enjoy it to it's full extent? If I had no worries about money, believe me, my stash would be huge! I'm always planning the next purchase. I'm not sure if I'll ever be totally satiated.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I guess that it just depends what your needs and goals are. Do you want to wash daily, every other day? Do you want spares for the diaper bag?

I have a lot of diapers. Not as many as some, but I have accumulated a bunch in the short six months that I have been using cloth. I have two in diapers. And I don't want to use and wash the same diapers day after day. I decided that I wanted a system so that I could rotate my diapers. That was my goal and I am almost there.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just counted...

33 Pocket dipes
28 fitteds
6 wool covers
12 soakers, shorts, longies
14 AIO's - 4 of which are DD w/3 soakers each

all for one baby and I wish I had more. I am content in my life - I just LOOOOOVE diapers. Especially really pretty ones for my little girl.

ash

·
Registered
920 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mum2tori
Honestly, I go through cycles. I won't buy for a long time, then I'll buy for a while then I won't again.
I think they call that "bingeing" :LOL

As long as the diapers are being used and loved, they're happy

Jen

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.