Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,562 Posts
If you are referring to Ina May Gaskin, I don't know if I would call her an old midwife.

Most cases of CPD are caused by the management of labor. If your water is artifically broken, it can cause the head to be wedged funny. If the mother is flat on her back, the pelvis can't do its thing. If the mother has an epidural....you get the picture.

I am surprised that you would have seen that many shoulder dystocia's since they are very rare and the hospital that you work in seems so progressive the way that you discribe it.

IMO, birth IS faith. Look where the science of birth has gotten us.

Victorian

· Registered
3,562 Posts
But I think that it warrents being said that a posterior baby can be born vaginally. I pushed out a "sunny-side-up" baby in 6 minutes. I was on hands and knees. If I had been in the "normal" birthing positon, would it had worked? He was a little sticky, and it hurt when he was wiggling to find the way out. (I even yelled at my midwife to knock it off LOL).

Of course, I am a roomy women

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.