Mothering Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
7,944 Posts
It took me 5 hours to push out an LOA baby. Sometimes that's how long it is going to take, I guess. I'm sure in the hospital I would have been labeled CPD, since for the first 2 hours the head did not engage.

I pushed for 4 hours with a posterior baby and brought the head to a +3 before becoming exhausted and asking for forceps. But since the head was that far down, maybe at that point it didn't have anything to do with the pelvis? They pulled the head to +5 and took the forceps off, and I pushed her the rest of the way out.

· Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks everyone, i have learned alot and will ask my step sil again about her first birth to clarify about the doc. I should mention that I had shoulder dystocia with ds this past January, he was stuck over 3 minutes, and i had naturally labored in hands and knees (as I had with my other pergnancies) but that position wasn't enough to get him out.

· Registered
24,832 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mehndi mama
All the specifics are in Nutrition & Physical Degeneration by Dr. Weston A Price. It was all done in the 1930's, so yes, that was before "enrichment" was common. But just looking at the pictures in the book is enough to convince you that whole, real foods are definitely the way to go!
Wow!

My Father had this book on his shelf when I was growing up...I used to read it all of the time.

Thanks for the memory!

· Registered
3,996 Posts
I'm about to dash and I didn't read the responses (sue me) but I just want to point out, possibly being redundant, that hips to NOT determine the pelvic ability to vaginally deliver. Hips are ABSOLUTELY NO INDICATION WHATSOEVER of the size of a woman's pelvis. If your sister is worried about CPD, she can see an experienced midiwfe in late pregnancy who can do pelvimetry and check the true proportions of her pelvis in late pregnancy and assure her there is plenty of room to birth normally. I have more to add about relative CPD etc, but I'll have to come back and reread and read the responses etc.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.