Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still nursing my 14 month old son....when I was pregnant it seemed like all of my milk dried up and he was just nursing for comfort twice a day a couple of days after my loss It seemed like I had more milk to where I could actually hear him swallow and now he is back to nursing 3 times a day and he nursed once in the middle of the night...I alos leaked during sex the other night....I had no idea I would get milk again is this from my last pregnancy? and is this like I delivered a baby and nursing will keep AF away?? Thanks for all your help...

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
After my miscarriage, I noticed that my supply rebounded. My DD was pretty much comfort nursing too and now I hear her gulping when she nurses.

You were just into your second trimester right? I think this is probably rebound of your milk supply from your 14 month old, vs. new mild from the baby you lost but I am not a lactation expert.

ND

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
What stops milk production during pregnancy are the hormones produced/suppressed by the placenta. The moment the placenta detaches from the uterine wall (regardless of how far along you are
) the hormones change (decrease in progesterone and increase in prolactin) which means you start making milk for your baby even if it's not there.

I have no idea how long it can/will suppress menstruation ... it probably depends on how often your older child nurses.

Sending you peace and love.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.