Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS had a very stubborn diaper rash a couple of wks ago which we were able to finally clear up with Lotrimin. It didn't look like the pictures I've seen of yeast rash but nothing else helped and the Lotrimin cleared it up quickly so I think that must have been what it was.

About that same time, he got what looked like a scrape on the front top of his thigh near where his diaper cover closes. I thought that maybe the velcro scratched him or it was from the Snappi. Nothing has cleared it up and now it's red with little white topped blisters/pimples. Could this be yeast? I am thinking of trying the Lotrimin on it as nothing else has worked. I'd love to have input from more experienced Mamas though!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! I will treat it as yeast and hope that takes care of it. I love the suggestion of powdered probiotics! Never would have thought of it! It surprises me that we're even having this issue since he eats a cup of kefir every day. That should prevent this type of thing, right? Is there any chance it is contributing? We never had yeast before, and he's been eating kefir for maybe 6 wks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts