Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a thread a while ago about a seller (alis_girl_04) who had several auctions that looked like scams (the ones that had "fuzzi for babys bunz" in the titles).

She had two auctions close in June... I think these auctions still look very strange. I'm surprised anyone would buy these because it's very unclear exactly what you're getting.

What do you guys think?

http://search-completed.ebay.com/_W0...Z1QQsofocusZso

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Again, it's not clear whether she's making them or if she already had them and she's selling them. She says she's "sad to see them go" but they're moving and then the next part she says she has sizes from preemie to large, which makes me thinks she makes them since she has all those additional sizes. But, in the "ask the seller a question" she replies that this diaper is a one size.
I just emailed her to find out whether it's truly one size and if so, why does she state that she has additional sizes?

Also, since when is flannel used as an outer fabric in pocket dipes? All the pocket dipes I know of are AIO's meaning the outer fabric is usually waterproof. Again...

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
How can it be an all-in-one if the outer is "soft flannel"? Does it have a hidden layer of PUL? She doesn't say it does. And it is a little suspicious that she says in the title that they are "fuzzi" on the inside instead of "fuzzy" on the inside (isn't that an odd way to descibe a fleece lining anyway?).

ETA: Oops, I cross posted with you:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierDiaperinMama
Also, since when is flannel used as an outer fabric in pocket dipes? All the pocket dipes I know of are AIO's meaning the outer fabric is usually waterproof.
There is such a thing as a pocket fitted, but she says in the auction that this is an all-in-one pocket.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Thats my auctions ladies!!! Please Dont make fun of me. I just want a nice wedding.....

:LOL

Just kidding... she is soooo full of it!!! I am sure there are 1 size pockets and I am sure htey are great. I have not ever seen them( but I havent loked) the auction also says vlecro closures, there is NO velcro on that diaper. and she says she hates to see it go but they dont have room ROOM FOR A DIAPER??? C'mon we all know we will MAKE room. WHo needs beds anyway LOL

She is definatley praying on others who are not that informed. Im gona ask her questions too. LOL

:LOL

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Got_Cloth
Thats my auctions ladies!!! Please Dont make fun of me. I just want a nice wedding.....
Don't do that to me!!! I nearly came off my chair! :LOL

And, I just realized something else. Her auction has already ended. I probably won't get an answer to my question.

I'm seriously considering changing my senior title to "eBay police"

·
Registered
953 Posts
I didnt see her auction eneded I hope she replis. bu5t I wonder if ebay id nothing_butt_cloth_diapers will give ,e away. LOL
I am glad I dont have anything listed now so she cant do a product search LOL

Didnt mean to scare ya LOL Was just having fun LOL

·
Registered
987 Posts
I don't know if this is the same person or not but last week there was an auction for fuzzi for baby bunz or something like that and they had snaps and pointy tabs just like fuzzi buns and all it said was fuzzi pocket diaper suff it with as much or as little as you need. I asked if they were true fuzzi bunz and what kind of fuzzi fabric was it made out of and she or they replyed back that it was a fleece fabric and it was not a true fuzzi bun they just coppied the fuzzi bun pattern. CAN THEY DO THAT? and does any old fleece work or do you need micro fleece or MM Fleece I mean you just can go to Walmart and buy the fleece they have and make a diaper out of it and expect it to work like a MM fleece daiper would. They had solid colored outer fabrics but it didn't look like PUL and they didn't say what it was. Beware of imposters!

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzpurr88
she or they replyed back that it was a fleece fabric and it was not a true fuzzi bun they just coppied the fuzzi bun pattern. CAN THEY DO THAT?
You are absolutely not supposed to copy someone else's pattern and then sell diapers made from it!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Its crazy she admitied it!!!!! I would contact MOE and let her know. she has a patent on Pockets anyway, and to yhave her admit she copied FB's WOW!!!!!

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have this person added to my favorite sellers list, so I'll know if she opens another auction.

I just don't want someone to get screwed and waste good money.

I wonder what those people who bought stuff from her are going to get? No feedback from Buyers yet on her account.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzpurr88
I asked if they were true fuzzi bunz and what kind of fuzzi fabric was it made out of and she or they replyed back that it was a fleece fabric and it was not a true fuzzi bun they just coppied the fuzzi bun pattern. CAN THEY DO THAT?
OMG! No they can't do that!! Save that email and report her to eBay and to MOE.
: Stuff like this makes me so mad. No, they're not directly hurting me but they are stealing, plain and simple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristiMetz
No feedback from Buyers yet on her account.
Yeah, I thought that was interesting too. But, I think someone actually won the auction that you mentioned in this thread. We'll just have to wait and see!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts