Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
11,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed my 19 mo who is cd-ered pees after he wakes, so I've been putting him on the potty in the morning and he goes. I also noticed that when drinks, he pees, so I started putting him on the potty then- started this 2 days ago. Tonight he asked for me to remove his dipe - it was dry and he walked over and sat on the small potty and peed.

This seems way to early for pt-ing- my dd learned at 30 months. What is going on here? What should I be doing to keep this going?

· Premium Member
11,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. With my older dd, there was no continuum- she was in dipes until one day I took them away and gave her underwear and a liitle potty and she was completely potty trained in 3 days - I just gave her the potty and she used it. I had never heard of EC with her.

I tried EC on ds at various times since he was 11 months without success- he always preferred to pee/poop without his diaper on, but was so mobile I couldn't keep up with cleaning up after him. And he was so strong he was no way letting me hold him over the potty, and at that time refused to sit on it, so I let it go.

I'll continue with the communication- I have no interest in forcing this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.