Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lovin' my prefitteds. I reach for them first. I
pinning. (Can you believe it?!) I get an awesome fit, they wash up great, no stink *and* stains come out easily in the sun! I'm getting kind of tired of all the snapping, adjusting, too high rise, too small waist etc... So I'm seriously considering getting a whole slew of them, dyed in pretty colors and selling off the rest of my fitteds and putting that $$ toward a guilt-free wool binge!

What do you all think?

Didn't I just post a few weeks ago that I had found my "perfect" stash? And now here I am changing my mind..:LOL

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I completely hear you!!! Though I'm still a snappi fan (haven't ventured into pinning quite yet), I
my prefitteds. They're the perfect happy medium. They work for all shapes and sizes, doublers can easily be thrown in, yet still stay secure, they have the security of a fitted, yet the ease of a prefold, they don't get stink issues, they still look cute, .. and the list goes on and on. I have a six-pack (the colorfold prefitteds from GMAR) in newborn, infant and premium sizes. I want more!

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have so many other great fitteds that I
because of the print or the "name", but I reach for the same 3 prefitteds first every time I do the laundry! So...it seems kind of silly to keep these other lovely dipes around just to have them, KWIM?

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
which is exactly the reason I sold all but.. maybe four? five? of my fitteds. I just didn't use them. And there are plenty of other mamas out there that love them. I
my prefolds and prefitteds. So I have the most of them

Ooh.. I actually have SEVEN prefitteds. One unbleached with earth-toned serging! Hooray!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
LOL ...I like them so much that I am turning all 36 of the infant prefolds I bought for the new baby into semi-fitted diapers (and then I may just dye them all into a rainbow of colours) ...takes away so much of the prefold complexity.

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
I love my prefitteds and I haven't even started using them yet!!! :LOL Seriously, I know I sounds nuts but I bought 8 prefitteds for the next baby (6 from GMR and 2 from Pipsqueak) and they just look so sweet, plus they lay down nice on the changing table - 8 prefitteds take up so much less room then the fitteds I have.

I love pins anyways, always have - I use to babysit for a couple kids that used prefolds and pins and I've loved them since then. They give a great snug fit and nothing looks cuter IMO.

But I have a huge stash of fitteds so I'm actually kind of afraid to fall madly in love with the prefitteds because that would mean a lot of selling and buying...

Kitty

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I don't have any prefitteds, but I am so tempted to do that too...I love prefolds, but this would be a bit simpler for everyone. My only concern is that you can't up the absorbency like you can with different prefold folds. Any heavy wetting babies using these?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
neveryoumindthere, I believe the prefold is cut then the elastic is sewn on, then the diaper is serged with the elastic between the layers of prefold, HTH

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebenjies
My only concern is that you can't up the absorbency like you can with different prefold folds. Any heavy wetting babies using these?
I made some a few weeks ago and noticed they weren't quited holding up to dd massive pees, so last night I made a couple more with a built in doubler and they can hold anything and are super trim. It's super easy but I just tryed to type it out and it didn't make much sense :LOL but if you make your own, you could just cut up another prefold and make lay-in doublers.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm using the half ovals that I cut out for the legs ... unfolding them into full ovals and serging them into doublers .... that way I'm not losing very much of the prefolds absorbancy (only what the serger takes off) ... when I figure out where the new baby has its wet zone I'll sew the little doublers into the right place (one of the conditions of not knowing the sex till birth LOL).

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebenjies
I don't have any prefitteds, but I am so tempted to do that too...I love prefolds, but this would be a bit simpler for everyone. My only concern is that you can't up the absorbency like you can with different prefold folds. Any heavy wetting babies using these?

I put in a hemp doubler. I have a IPF that I trimmed and fitted w/ the extra in the crotch and DS wore it last night w/ noooo leaks under a BBB.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.