Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 24 year old man, no kids, no intention to have kids, no one in my life who wants to have kids with me right now

Also not a troll

I just want to be mothered so badly

I saw 'mothering forum' on google and my hopes skyrocketed

See my mother died before the age of 40 and wasnt there anywhere near my geographical location before that point anyway for years and years

Is this the right place for this?? LOL

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
We're a friendly lot here and guys are also welcome. The main topics on here relate to raising children. But there are some boards here about gardening, finances, country life, nutrition and cooking, health, those sorts of things not completely kid specific. We don't mother one another if that's what you're looking for. But if you want to have discussions with a bunch of moms this is the right place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We're a friendly lot here and guys are also welcome. The main topics on here relate to raising children. But there are some boards here about gardening, finances, country life, nutrition and cooking, health, those sorts of things not completely kid specific. We don't mother one another if that's what you're looking for. But if you want to have discussions with a bunch of moms this is the right place.
omg if you said 'we DO mother each other' that would be unusual lol

sigh ayway im gonna go mother surf the internet thx for replying bru

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I understand your need to feel mothered. My husband's mother was never there for him when he was a child and actually allowed and contributed to his abuse. He has a HUGE need for a mother in his life. I kinda wear both hats. I give him the mothering he desires while also being his wife. It's unusual, but it helps him cope. I know this might seem strange but have you considered any sort of therapy around your unresolved issues with your mother? Sometimes having a woman who will listen to you empatheticaly can help. Some of us get stuck at a certain age where something traumatic happened to us and never really get the chance to grow all the way. I know part of me is still a teenager from something that happened to me that was traumatic back then. I'm still going through therapy and trying to work through things. I've had pretty bad depression ever since my teen years and still struggle with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts