Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started miscarrying (red blood) 22 days ago and had a D&C 20 days ago. My pregnancy tests JUST turned negative a few days ago. I was expecting to ovulate soon. Instead, I woke up this morning with cramps and red blood. My period! Or so I thought. The blood wasn't enough to fill a pad and has turned to brown spotting over the day. I still have mild cramps. I normally have fairly light periods but at least 1 day of decently heavy flow and mild cramps (about like this). I also always am woken up in the morning by cramps when she arrives - which is what happened today. The nurse at my dr's office thought this could be my period. But I had the dr call me back bc I am supposed to start fertility drugs on day 3 and wanted to ask if I still should if the flow is this light. She left a message that it could be ovulation. I doubt it.

But isn't this too early for a period?? And if the flow is this light, should I wait another cycle to TTC? My RE had said 2 cycles but my OB said 1 period was fine. I am wondering if maybe I do need that extra month to build up lining. I'm SO confused. Just wish I knew if this was AF or not! Oh and I had an ultrasound almost 2 weeks ago - there was no tissue left behind so this is def not my body trying to get rid of more stuff.

Cindy

·
Registered
911 Posts
It's possible- you might not have ovulated and your cycle just went berserk and now it's restarting again. That's pretty common after a miscarriage, there's all kind of hormonal misfirings going on. I wouldn't worry about it being too light for your next cycle. It should start normally after this. After my miscarriage, since I wanted to TTC again right away, I took Floradix and herbs like red clover and red raspberry leaf tinctures.

*hugs* Sorry you're going through this.

~Rose

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.