Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
feeling really really heavy/pressured low down? And kinda achey?

I woke up this AM feeling really really bloated/heavy {kinda like a really really full bladder} in my lower abdomen/upper pubic area - but peeing didn't help at all. It finally sorta lessened after about 4 hours, but now it's achey feeling there and still slightly heavy. Almost like menstrual cramps, but lower and not as bad. Once in a while I get a sharp shooting pain in my cervix area, but only for a second.

Should I be worried?

Everyone I've seen today keeps telling me it looks like I'm ready to pop already

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
Could be baby shifted and has a knee/elbow/shoulder causing the pressure. Have you tried getting on all fours and see if baby 'shifts' to a more comfortable position?
Or go swimming and see if that helps, as I know when I was that far along, there was no way I could get back up from all fours.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Are the menstrual type feelings increasing in intensity or duration? Any back pain? Accompanied by tightening in your belly? Any loss of fluid or mucous? If you think you might be having some preterm labor signs, you might want to put a call in to your midwife/OB. Otherwise if it just the pressure feeling, see if laying down for a while makes it ease up. It is probably just the baby getting bigger and starting to move lower in your pelvis.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
i have that too and i am due about the same time as you...the baby is def dropping lower and sometimes (liek when i sit on a hard chair) it feels like i am sitting on the baby's head!
and it does make my vagina cervix are hurt/shoot pain some

yes to lie down, hands and knees, swim, (i like to even take a walk)

today i felt like crampy and wooshy alot
but i know my baby is not coming today (or for abotu 7 weeks)

if you do have pinkish mucus or the cramps continue and increase (in reg pattern) of duration and intensity that is what would be real prelabor...
we are just having the pre pre labor (it is good tho, it means your uterous is strong adn ready to work...kind of like warming up for the big event)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts