Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 2 problem question and kind of gross, just a warning:

DS is 8.5mo. He gets a little BM, formula & solids.

He has started playing with his 'parts' during diaper changes to the point where I have to release his hands to get a diap back on. Actually, before I take the old one off he is pulling at his area. The prob is that he used to really like diap changes and now he usually starts screaming, fussing, rolling, arching, etc before I even get him into position.

Is this a normal phase or could he have some kind of penis/bladder issue and thats why he is always touching it & hating the changes lately??

Also, he had his first semi firm poop, a little nugget as DH called it, and he cried while he was pooping/pushing. Is this normal in the beginning of firmer poops? Not to be even more gross than I already have been but there was also a lot of the usual very soft stuff mixed in too, so I dont think he is constipated. He loves and drinks a lot of water. I know that helps too.

Thanks, AJ

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
All normal.

Give the baby some naked time. He's had plenty of time to explore every other part of his body but there's this one part that's only available at diaper changes (which he can not control). If it were me, I'd be sure to explore too! And make it difficult for you to get the diaper back on!

IMO babies this age don't like diaper changes anyway, they want to get up and play, they don't want to be pinned on their backs.

HTH

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
All normal.

Give the baby some naked time.

HTH
I was thinking of trying this. Even when I am not changing his diap, just his shirt, he gets so mad and tries to rip the shirt off over his head. once its on hes fine though.I'm just afraid he will be cold, especially since most of our flooring is slate tiles
: and we have no carpeting besides throw rugs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.