Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I wasn't even sure what to call this thread so I just came up with something generic. This is an odd question and I only ask because my daughter had some health scare awhile back that has made me question everything. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>DD is almost 16 months old. Sometimes when she is walking she holds her hands  a little funny. They aren't relaxed at her side like my own are. I am actually  referring to how she holds her fingers and palm.  They aren't sort of loose and relaxed. Instead the fingers are outstretched. Sometimes its just one of her hadns. She isn't always like this. She does hold them normally at other times.There seems to be some connection to her being excited but its not that clear cut.  Have you ever seen this behavior before?  Thanks</p>

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
<p>DS used to do this a bit but kind of outgrew it around 18mos or so. At least I think he did the same thing you're describing, it's hard to picture. I think it helps them keep balance better? Which would also explain why she does it more when excited, because that could throw of her focus/balance a bit...</p>

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
<p>Mine used to tense certain muscles in the first couple weeks, he outgrew it after a while.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts